Monday 11 March 2013

The never ending wishlist..

Hello Chickies! 

Over the past few weeks blogging not often enough, my beauty needs have been ever so slightly neglected therefore my lust for more and more products just kept on growing to keep my inner beauty junkie satisfied.

The time has come to share my new beauty crush and the reason why my mac wishlist is so long! The list was helped along by a beauty YouTube guru that I have a recently discovered called Jaclyn Hill her YouTube channel is JaclynHill1, she has quickly become one of my favorite YouTubers to watch, I blame her for all my beauty splurges at the moment, but I also thank her for introducing me to new and exciting beauty looks that I just couldn't wait to try. My wish list for MAC eye shadows is nearly as long as my arm, I am hoping to get Soft Brown, Red brick, Texture, Brown Script, Shroom and sooo so many more under Jaclyns recommendations.



I have found myself lusting after all the red/orange eye shadows or purple eye shadows and other colours that I would never dream of trying usually. I am such a neutral lover, it is all about the golds, browns, and nudes, however recently I am loving the oranges, purples and even reds. I don't know whether I have had a spurge of inspiration from watching YouTube or I am just bored of being stuck in the neutral rut!

I have been loving a certain mac colour, accompanied with two Illamasqua shades that I just had to mention because I have been wearing this certain eye combination everyday for the past month. Those special shadows are Rule from Mac along with Vernau and Wolf from Illamasqua, they are all Matte shades and create the most defined eye, I have been rocking this eye combination everyday because I love it so much, also I get compliments every time I wear them, who doesn't love getting the odd compliment.

This is what I do..

To prep my eye lid I use a base, such as Benefit cream shadow in RSVP, then I go in with Illamasqua Vernau on a fluffy blending brush applying that lightly in the crease, next I take MAC Rule on a different blending brush and apply that on top of the Vernau to build the colour creating those extra dimensions, finally I take Illamasquas Wolf and apply that to outer V and 3/4 into the crease to give it that extra va va voom and smokey look. I also take wolf under the eye along the bottom lash line with a small pencil brush blending it in with rule. If I am feeling really brave, I will put Urban decay eye shadow in Baked as a gold/orange base just after the cream shadows to va va voom it even more.

I also am a great a believer in making your eye colour pop. Orange is the opposite colour to blue on the colour wheel therefore making blues stand out BONUS!

A Slightly toned down work version of my fave eye look of the moment! 

What eye looks are you rocking at the moment? 

Until Next Time,
Jess xx 





2 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow looks amazing on you, will definitely be trying it out for myself sometime, thanks for the explanation!
    I have followed you, would you mind following me back?xx

    thatvintagewardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Lily.
      I have checked out your blog and followed! xx

      Delete